The Associate Scientist will contribute towards commercial projects focused on OXGENE’s AAV Capsid Discovery platform. This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly established AAV Capsid Screening team and we are looking for individuals that are excited to work along-side Scientist and Senior Scientist colleagues to be involved in the further development of this novel pipeline. This is a lab-based role and candidates should be able to work to tight timelines. Significant training and support in multiple areas of AAV Capsid Discovery will be provided, which includes transfections, transductions, qPCR, ELISA and infectious titre assays. Candidates with previous experience in these techniques, with enthusiasm about team-work and a drive for operational excellence are particularly encouraged to apply.
- With guidance and under supervision, contributing to the design and execution of experiments
- Preparation of basic buffers, samples and reagents required for use in experiments
- Providing experimental results analysis and project summaries
- Presenting technical information, including analysis/results of experiments, to technical and non-technical audiences, both inside and outside the company
- Supporting the writing of papers for publications through delivery of accurate and comprehensive data
- Ensuring laboratory equipment is maintained in a good working condition
- General housekeeping of laboratories
- Maintaining laboratory cleanliness to OXGENE standards
- Ensuring safe working practices in laboratory work areas
- Communicating and co-ordinating activities with colleagues and management
- Complying with the company’s Quality Management Systems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum BSc in relevant discipline (Biology, Genetics or Virology)
- Demonstrable lab experience, ideally including mammalian cell culture techniques
- Ability to follow specific processes, protocols and SOPs
- Effective communication skills – reports on and communicates technical issues with clarity
- Presents technical information to technical and non-technical audiences with the purpose of being understood
- Displays excellent self-organisation, multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise tasks to enable on time delivery of assigned tasks
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong team playing skills (ideally in multidisciplinary teams)
- Demonstratable molecular biology skills, including PCR, (q)RT-PCR, transfections, flow cytometry and Western blotting
- Experience using CRISPR based gene-editing approaches, or related genome engineering technologies
- Experience in handling viral vectors (AAV)
- Experience in using robotic liquid handling and automation systems
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXi ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Group Income Protection
Notes to all applicants:
To apply please visit our website and complete our application form with a copy of your CV.
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.