The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage customer specific projects and act as the primary point of contact between OXGENE and the Customer during an active project. This will require the ability to manage projects with a cross-functional team to achieve goals and objectives. This position requires the utilization of leadership, technical, and team-building skills along with project management and scheduling techniques.
The Project Manager is expected to drive performance from the operations team including prioritization, escalation and identification of bottlenecks, as well as providing a solution to deliver on the financial commitments for each month and quarter.
This role is full time and fixed term for 12 months covering maternity leave.
- Work closely with the Sales teams, the customer, and all relevant OXGENE Support and Operational Departments.
- In collaboration with operations, write the scope of work, outline the costs, recommend the sales price and timeline for OXGENE custom solutions.
- Focus on the successful management and execution of custom projects and deliver the solution to the customer.
- Monitor and report on project progress to Management and the customer. This includes capturing scope changes and the impact of these upon timelines and budgets.
- Monitor and report on progress to Management and the customer. This includes capturing scope change for impact to projects revenue and timelines and managing complex projects through milestones to commercial success including adherence to time, quality and budget.
- Communicate project activities with the project team and customer to ensure awareness of project delays, issues and successes.
- Coordinate all activities including outlining, scheduling and facilitation of regular customer conference calls, providing meeting notes and follow up action items, internal progress meeting and soliciting commercial support as necessary for customer communication and meeting project deliverables and expectations.
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the position, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in in Biological Sciences or Business Discipline essential.
- Higher degree in Biological Sciences or Business Discipline desirable.
- Project management (>1-3 years) experience in custom pharmaceutical or biotech or industry.
- Practical knowledge of project management and process improvement techniques.
- Excellent and proven team building and team motivational skills.
- Knowledge of GLP, GMP and/or other relevant quality systems.
- Knowledge of the stage gate management process for project execution and tracking.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. They must be able to establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company.
- General financial knowledge and Business Acumen.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks. They must be able to work under pressure.
- Sales and quality driven, strong motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe.
- Thorough understanding software tools such as knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially MS Project.
- Ability to travel occasionally to visit customers and attend trade shows.
- Previous experience of working with gene editing or antibody technologies.
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXi ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Group Income Protection
Notes to all applicants:
To apply please visit our website and complete our application form with a copy of your CV.
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.