An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing team as a Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst. You will be a key member of the Finance team and responsible for providing senior management with the financial analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial and strategic decisions.
- Working with business unit heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts, consolidating them into one overall budget
- In parallel with the budget, preparation of rolling forecasts
- Analysing financial and operational results to better understand company performance.
- Provision of detailed analysis and commentary on business unit results
- Creating financial models to project and forecast long term growth
- Comparing and evaluating previous budgets and forecasts and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
- Work with Finance Manager to measure, monitor and report on senior management and business unit heads’ KPIs
- Work with Finance Manager to measure and report on product, project and customer profitability
- Support the preparation of monthly management accounts including preparing month-end journals, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, deferred income calculations
- Provide holiday cover and support for other members of the Finance team
- Work with Finance Manager to automate processes
- Support the year-end audit, including production of audit schedules and liaison with auditors
- HMRC reporting, including VAT returns
- ONS statistical returns
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified or near-qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial modelling and analysis skills
- Sound understanding of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow
- Knowledge and application of accounting principles
- Previous planning / reporting, operations analysis and budget / forecasting experience
- Strong MS Excel skills, including macros
- Confidence to challenge the status quo with a view to process improvement
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and absorb pressure when necessary
- High standards of accuracy and precision
- Educated to degree level
- VBA programming
- Experience of working in life sciences sector
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXi ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group Life Insurance at 4x Salary
- Group Income Protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Group Income Protection
Notes to all applicants:
To apply please visit our website and complete our application form with a copy of your CV.
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.