We are looking for an Associate Scientist who will be involved in a range of commercial projects, predominantly focused on OXGENE’s CRISPR screening capabilities.
You will contribute to the development and commercialisation of OXGENE technologies, advancing the delivery of our customers new therapeutics, by assisting in the discovery, development and manufacture of innovative cell and gene therapy solutions. The primary role of an Associate Scientist is to contribute to the design and execution of experiments. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define and execute project goals and deliverables in line with planned project objectives. Technical skills in cell culture and molecular biology as well as commitment to scientific development are considered essential.
- With guidance and under supervision, contribute to the design and execution of experiments
- Preparation of cell culture media, basic buffers, samples and reagents required for use in experiments
- Tissue culture work that includes maintaining cell culture and keeping stock of cell lines.
- Providing experimental results analysis and project summaries
- Presenting technical information, including analysis/results of experiments, to technical and non-technical audiences, both inside and outside the company
- Supporting the writing of papers for publications through delivery of accurate and comprehensive data
- Ensuring laboratory equipment is maintained in a good working condition
- General housekeeping of laboratories
- Ensuring safe working practices in laboratory work areas
- Communicating and co-ordinating activities with colleagues and management
- Complying with the company’s Quality Management Systems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum BSc in relevant discipline (Molecular Biology, Genetics or Cell Biology), with relevant laboratory experience (higher education qualifications with laboratory experience also considered)
- Demonstrable laboratory experience, ideally including mammalian cell culture techniques
- Displays excellent self-organisation, multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise tasks to enable on time delivery of assigned tasks
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to follow specific processes, protocols and SOPs
- Ability to report and communicate issues with clarity
- Effective communication skills - written and oral – within the team and with other teams in the company
- Demonstrable molecular biology skills including PCR, RT-PCR, qRT-PCR, western blotting, immunofluorescence
- Background knowledge and experience of using of gene editing tools (including CRISPR) for cell engineering and screening purposes
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXi ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Group Income Protection
Notes to all applicants:
To apply please visit our website and complete our application form with a copy of your CV.
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.