We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing team at OXGENE. Our talented Business Development Managers are responsible for building customer relationships and promoting OXGENE’s technologies, services and products to achieve or exceed our financial plans. We are looking for ambitious candidates, with relevant business development skills, excellent commercial experience, deep understanding of cell and gene therapy industry, and a passion for cutting edge science into the market to ultimately improve patient outcomes.
This role is field based in the UK.
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory; maintain, protect, and grow your business for both short and long-term revenue growth
- Create win-win outcomes to achieve both our goals and the clients’ long term aims
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Identify your customers’ needs, goals and challenges, and provide solutions to these through the proper positioning of OXGENE products, services, knowledge and expertise; inform, train and influence customers
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain a regular presence within your territory
- Develop share intelligence with across the wider organisation.
- Follow-up on leads, close action items and customer requests completely and in a timely fashion
- Secure targeted meetings to identify and advance opportunities with your customers
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinating appropriate resources for customer visits
- Collaborate with and support Marketing colleagues in the preparation of scientific marketing material to extend our commercial reach
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs, drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Manage forecasting and pipeline by utilizing the CRM to manage, track, and report on all sales activities; provide, accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory
- Work collaboratively with all business partners (customer service, technical service, marketing and project management, etc.) to handle customer requests
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post, as required
Our ideal Business Development Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; degree in biological or chemical sciences
- An understanding of mammalian molecular and cellular biology
- Previous experience in contract or services negotiations, or licensing
- Previous business development experience
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and through presentations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, assertive and can manage abstract commercial situations
- Ability to understand highly technical concepts and then explain these and their benefits to others
- Experience in mammalian expression/bioproduction systems and/or gene therapy and/or virology would be an advantage
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing business situations
- PhD or equivalent required in related scientific discipline; degree in biological or chemical sciences
- Excellent understanding of pharma and biotech drug discovery and manufacturing process
- The ability to communicate verbally (including technical vocabulary) in Mandarin.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to senior levels of the client organization
- Solid understanding of sales processes and CRM
- The ability to travel up to approximately 50% of the time on occasions
- Being able to deal with ambiguity
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXI ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Group Income Protection
- Financially incentivised employee referral scheme
Notes to all applicants
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.