The R&D Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to support, and project manage the company’s innovation projects through the technology readiness levels to ultimately launch new commercial services. This will require the ability to manage projects with a cross-functional team to achieve goals and objectives. This position requires proven project management skills, excellent communication, technical knowledge, and ideally an awareness of scheduling techniques and capacity planning.
- Work closely with Solutions Management to progress our technology roadmap through the research and development stages.
- Support the Scientists through the delivery of R&D projects from project initiation, through to completion providing reporting to the organisation and managing the on-time delivery of projects.
- Initiating projects: ensure project scope, required resources, success criteria and commercial relevance are captured and clearly defined.
- Facilitate project progress alongside our Technical Group Leaders: manage project tasks, responsibilities, documentation, resourcing, and finances. Identify changes in project scope and assure appropriate measures are taken to reassess and amend requirements, budget, and timeline.
- Reporting on project progress to Senior Management.
- Capture relevant IP and Project Completion and ensure that the necessary documentation is in place.
- Facilitate the generation of IP through submission of patent applications.
- Coordinating the patent portfolio and instruct external patent agents as appropriate.
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the position, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in Biological Sciences.
- Demonstrable Project Management experience in custom pharmaceutical or biotech or industry.
- Practical knowledge of Project Management and process improvement techniques.
- Understanding of IP and patent procedures.
- Excellent and proven team building and team motivational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. They must be able to establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company.
- General financial knowledge and Business Acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks. They must be able to work under pressure.
- Quality driven, supportive and strong motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe.
- Thorough understanding software tools such as knowledge of MS Office Suite, and ideally a project planning tool.
- Higher degree in Biological Sciences or Business Discipline.
- Background in R&D, ideally in Biomanufacturing, Viral, Antibody or Gene Editing.
- Previous experience of managing a patent portfolio.
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXI ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Free tea, coffee, fruit-juice, fruit and biscuits, with kitchen facilities
- Financially incentivised employee referral scheme
Notes to all applicants
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.