You will be part of the antibody discovery team, utilising OXGENEs unique Mammalian Display platform (SLIM Display) to identify or affinity mature novel antibody therapeutics for on-going commercial programmes and collaborations. You will be expected to design and execute experiments for specific projects and areas of research from the bench. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to define and project goals and deliverables.
- Designing, recommending and ensuring the highest quality execution of experiments in collaboration with other team members.
- Perform antibody discovery campaigns using magnetic beads selections, flow cytometry, and fluorescence-activated cell sorting.
- Cloning of target and antibody sequences into lentiviral or expression plasmids.
- Titration of lentiviral samples using a range of analytical techniques including qPCR and flow cytometry.
- Over expression of antibodies as scFv, FAB or IgG formats and determine biophysical characteristics of target binders by affinity and binding kinetics.
- To keep up-to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field.
- Supervising less experienced members of the team.
- Provide project summaries and reporting, as required.
- To adhere strictly to established quality standards.
- Provide accurate record keeping at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum BSc in a relevant area (e.g., antibody discovery, antibody biology, cell biology) with demonstrable relevant laboratory experience or PhD in a relevant area (e.g. antibody discovery, cell biology etc.).
- Demonstrable experience with mammalian cell culture, immunostaining, and flow cytometry
- Demonstrable experience with fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS).
- Understanding and experience of antibody engineering, function and structure.
- Excellent written and oral communication, fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications for preparing spreadsheets, reports, and other documentation. Able to present data in group meetings and communicate complex and technical ideas effectively.
- Experience working in a commercial/industry environment
- Knowledge and experience of antibody display technologies.
- Experience with recombinant expression technologies of target proteins, specifically membrane proteins or antibodies.
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXI ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with service and 8 UK bank/public holidays per annual leave year and a day off on your birthday
- Pension with salary exchange and generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Free tea, coffee, fruit-juice, fruit and biscuits, with kitchen facilities
- Financially incentivised employee referral scheme
Notes to all applicants
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.