OXGENE redefines possible in mammalian cell engineering. Our technology platforms and expert solutions accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of cell and gene therapies.
We address some of the most important and challenging questions in modern biology within gene therapy, antibody-based therapeutics and CRISPR / gene editing.
Our technologies enable precise and robust mammalian cell engineering. Our automation and informatics driven approaches mean we solve the problems that no-one else can to advance the delivery of new therapeutics.
You will be part of the antibody discovery team, utilising OXGENEs unique Mammalian Display platform (SLIM Display) to identify or affinity mature novel antibody therapeutics for on-going commercial programmes and collaborations.
You will be expected to drive and lead specific projects and areas of research from the bench, while providing support and working as part of a team. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to define and execute project goals and deliverables in line with planned projects. The ability to show commitment to scientific development and innovation are considered essential.
Please note that due to annual leave applications will be reviewed in January 2021.
- Planning and scheduling mammalian display experiments and campaigns to meet timelines in collaboration with other team members and ensure completion of project targets for commercial partners.
- Cloning of target and antibody sequences into lentiviral or expression plasmids.
- Support the ongoing design and generation of antibody libraries by molecular biology methods.
- Cell line engineering by lentiviral transduction and cell sorting.
- Coordinate and perform lentiviral plasmid transfections and harvesting of lentiviral preparations.
- Titration of lentiviral samples using a range of analytical techniques including qPCR and flow cytometry.
- Magnetic nanobead selection and fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) on mammalian cell cultures.
- Over expression of antibodies as scFv, FAB or IgG formats and determine biophysical characteristics of target binders by affinity and binding kinetics.
- To keep up-to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field.
- Provide project summaries and reporting, as required.
- Promote and develop implementation of new methods, technologies and processes to improve our platform technologies.
- Support line manager with customer interactions, and in ensuring smooth running of the group.
- To adhere strictly to established quality standards.
- Provide accurate record keeping at all times.
- Play a leading role in the application of our mammalian display platform to identify novel therapeutic antibodies against membrane protein targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in a relevant area (e.g., antibody discovery, antibody biology, cell biology) with appropriate level of relevant experience in the field.
- Experience working in a commercial/industry environment.
- Extensive understanding and experience with mammalian cell culture, immunostaining, and flow cytometry
- Experience with fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS).
- Experience with recombinant expression technologies of target proteins, specifically membrane proteins or antibodies.
- Understanding and experience of antibody engineering, function and structure.
- Excellent written and oral communication, fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications for preparing spreadsheets, reports, and other documentation. Able to present data in group meetings and communicate complex and technical ideas effectively.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of antibody display technologies.
- Experience in antibody library design and construction.
25 days of annual leave, rising to 30 days with service and a day off on your birthday
Cycle to work scheme
Pension Scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
Private medical insurance as a benefit in kind
A friendly and flexible working environment
Notes to all applicants
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.