Location: Oxford or Remote with regular travel to our Oxford office
OXGENE redefines possible in mammalian cell engineering. Our technology platforms and expert solutions accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of cell and gene therapies.
We address some of the most important and challenging questions in modern biology within gene therapy, antibody-based therapeutics and CRISPR / gene editing.
Our technologies enable precise and robust mammalian cell engineering. Our automation and informatics driven approaches mean we solve the problems that no-one else can to advance the delivery of new therapeutics.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for generating well qualified leads to support and drive commercial opportunities within the OXGENE Business Development team.
You will conduct research into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and their drug development pipelines, as well as identifying senior level contacts within these organisations to initiate the sales process. You will obtain leads using internet-based search tools and software (such as Zymewire and LinkedIn), reading research publications, market intelligence reports, partnering groups relevant to immune-oncology and other therapeutic areas, as well as networking with existing customers. You will identify and recommend potential grant opportunities to the Business Development team.
A strong motivation to work in a sales and commercially focused role is essential as you will be measured on the quality of leads generated, your contributions to the Business Development teams’ revenue targets, as well as your contribution to projects across Business Development and Marketing.
- Identifying, qualifying and generating well qualified leads for OXGENE’s discovery (CRISPR gene editing & SLIM Display Technology) or biomanufacturing (Lentiviral and AAV design and engineering, process & cell line development, small scale lentiviral manufacture)
- Contacting leads to discuss OXGENE capabilities in Drug Discovery or Biomanufacturing technologies and set up meetings/teleconferences with business development managers
- Managing and updating Customer Relationship Databases (CRM)
- Assisting in updating and generating marketing materials, drafting abstracts and press releases, posters, publications and flyers relevant to Discovery/Biomanufacturing Solutions
- Identifying editorial, social media and other opportunities to promote work undertaken within the Discovery/Biomanufacturing Solutions
- Organising, coordinating and distributing marketing and product information via social media networks
- Generating targeted mailings to inform current and prospective customers and prospects of latest developments and product information.
- Replying to web enquiries and providing the relevant requested information
- Identifying and recommending conferences relevant to Discovery/Biomanufacturing Solutions and providing information on poster and speaking submission dates
- Event management including organising exhibition stand transportation and storage, conference attendance and accommodation for the BD team.
- Assisting with key opinion leader/ investigator led collaborations
- Providing support to the Business Development, Marketing and Operational teams, including customer facing activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, ideally/specifically with a focus on molecular and cellular biology
- Demonstrable experience in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrable ability to understand and communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Displays excellent self-organisation, multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise to enable on time delivery of assigned tasks
- Demonstrable motivation to be in a client facing commercial role and/or understanding of sales cycle
- Experience of working with a CRM (e.g. Hubspot) is advantageous
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days of annual leave, rising to 30 days with service and a day off on your birthday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Private medical insurance as a benefit in kind
- A friendly and flexible working environment
Notes to all applicants
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.