OXGENE redefines possible in mammalian cell engineering. Our technology platforms and expert solutions accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of cell and gene therapies.
We address some of the most important and challenging questions in modern biology within gene therapy, antibody-based therapeutics and CRISPR / gene editing.
Our technologies enable precise and robust mammalian cell engineering. Our automation and informatics driven approaches mean we solve the problems that no-one else can to advance the delivery of new therapeutics.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage customer specific projects and act as the primary point of contact between OXGENE and the Customer during an active project. This will require the ability to manage projects with a cross-functional team to achieve goals and objectives. This position requires the utilization of leadership, technical, and team-building skills along with project management and scheduling techniques.
The Project Manager is expected to drive performance from the operations team including prioritization, escalation and identification of bottlenecks, as well as providing a solution to deliver on the financial commitments each month and quarter.
- Work closely with the Sales teams, the customer, and all relevant OXGENE Support and Operational Departments.
- In collaboration with operations, write the scope of work, outline the costs, recommend the sales price and timeline for OXGENE custom solutions.
- Focus on the successful management and execution of custom projects and deliver the solution to the customer.
- Monitor and report on progress to Management and the customer. This includes capturing scope change for impact to projects revenue and timelines and managing complex projects through milestones to commercial success including adherence to time, quality and budget.
- Communicate project activities with the project team and customer to ensure awareness of project delays, issues and successes.
- Coordinate all activities including outlining, scheduling and facilitation of regular customer conference calls, providing meeting notes and follow up action items, internal progress meeting and soliciting commercial support as necessary for customer communication and meeting project deliverables and expectations.
- Carrying out any other duties commensurate with the grading of the position, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in in Biological Sciences or Business Discipline essential.
- Higher degree in Biological Sciences or Business Discipline desirable.
- Project management (>1-3 years) experience in custom pharmaceutical or biotech or industry.
- Practical knowledge of project management and process improvement techniques.
- Excellent and proven team building and team motivational skills.
- Knowledge of GLP, GMP and/or other relevant quality systems.
- Knowledge of the stage gate management process for project execution and tracking.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. They must be able to establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company.
- General financial knowledge and Business Acumen.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks. They must be able to work under pressure.
- Sales and quality driven, strong motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe.
- Thorough understanding software tools such as knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially MS Project.
- Ability to travel occasionally to visit customers and attend trade shows.
- Previous experience of working with gene editing or antibody technologies.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days of annual leave, rising to 30 days with service and a day off on your birthday
- Free tea and coffee
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Private medical insurance as a benefit in kind
- A friendly and flexible working environment
Notes to all applicants
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Correspondence may go into your junk inbox so please keep an eye on this.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid missing the opportunity.